1. Kathleen wrote a great post on practicing yoga. I practice Bikram, but I’ve been meaning to try her preferred yoga of choice, Ashtanga, for a few years now and am planning to sign up for a class this month!
2. I have my favorite juice bar in Brooklyn, but I’m tempted to make a stop in the city at The Butcher’s Daughter. I spotted this Nolita veggie café on The Daily Muse this week. Extra points for offering cashew milk!
3. Haruki Murakami is my favorite author and I’ve read every one of his books, with the exception of his very first two novels, Pinball 1973, and Hear the Wind Sing, which are no longer in print. Lucky for me, my Twitter buddy Akeem Bailey recommended a free PDF download of Pinball, 1973. I printed out all 79 pages, and I’m reading it now. I’ll keep you posted if you’re a Murakami fan!
4. This video from Tiger in a Jar with music by Matteo blew me away. It’s double inspiration from a husband-and-wife filmmaker team, and a band that describes the project behind this film as “A musical free trade agreement between a Chinese farmer’s market and an American trading post.”
5. The Rain Room has come to MOMA, and I can’t wait to go see it/ play in it. After its opening on May 12th, the wait times were estimated at around 2 hours, so I’m holding off untill the initial rush dies down.
6. I can’t believe it’s Memorial Day weekend and it doesn’t look like I’ll be putting on a bathing suit just yet. (With Monday hitting a high of 70 degrees, a beach day is just not happening.) In the meantime, I’m so inspired by this stunning sun-and-sand editorial in the Vogue Paris June/July issue. How do do feel about the return of the one-piece this season?